Fourteen women were recognized at the Third Annual Women Tech Awards Ceremony, presented by Women Tech Council, and hosted by MountainWest Capital Network. The Women Tech Awards recognizes technology-focused women who are driving innovation, leading technology companies, and are key contributors to the community. The sold out event was emceed by Shauna Lake of KUTV 2 News.
Award recipients, listed alphabetically, are as follows:
- Entrepreneurial Excellence, Padma Allen, M.D.
- Technology Innovator, Carol J. Campbell, Ph.D.
- Leadership Excellence, Carol Fineagan
- Rising Star, Chiao-ih Hui
- Educational Excellence, Laura Hunter, Ph.D.
“All of our winners are leaders in their respective industries and contributors within their communities who deserve recognition for their successes,” said Cydni Tetro, Women Tech Council director. “I applaud their efforts to overcome personal and professional obstacles to reach their goals.”
Each Award Recipient received a hand-crafted statue entitled “Defying Gravity,” specially designed for the event by award-winning artist Andrew Smith. A selection committee from private industry, venture, government and academic communities selected the Finalists and Award Recipients.
- Padma Allen, M.D., Technodyne, LLC
- Christine M. Archibald, ManagementPlus
- Carol J. Campbell, Ph.D., ATK
- Carol Fineagan, EnergySolutions
- Sarah B. Hiza, Ph.D., ATK
- Chiao-Ih Hui, L-3 Communications
- Laura Hunter, Utah Education Network
- Laura Nelson, Ph.D., Red Leaf Resources
- Fran Maier, TRUSTe
- Linda Muir, Westminster College
- Julie Simmons, MarketStar
- Melain Terry, Novell
- Christine Williams, Western Governors University
- Suzanne Winters, Ph.D., BioInnovations Gateway
The event was hosted by MountainWest Capital Network and presented by EnergySolutions, Epic Ventures, Ernst & Young, Stoel Rives and USTAR
Anne Dwane, CEO of Zinch.com