Women Tech Council recognized 20 technology- focused women who are driving innovation, leading technology companies and contribution to the technology economy in the Ninth Annual Women Tech Awards held at the Grand America Hotel.
Award Recipients, listed alphabetically, are as follows:
Leadership Excellence, Vicki Fish
- Rising Star, Kat Kennedy
Educational Excellence, Dr. Shalini Kesar
- Technology Trailblazer, Yelena Makogon
- Innovator, Christina Qi
Customer Excellence, Gwendolyn Smith
STEM Student Awards:
We have also sponsored over 100 high school students to attend the awards, helping to inspire the next generation of STEM-focused students. In this and other efforts, we are an integral part of the STEM education pipeline for young women.
This year’s university student finalists were:
- Alex Valenzuela, Utah Valley University
- Christine Mooth, Brigham Young University
- Katharin Jensen, University of Utah
The Student Development Award was given to Christine Mooth.
- Brenda Mann, Ph.D., EyeGate Pharmaceuticals
- BriAnna McKissen, Experticity
- Christina Qi, Domeyard LP
- Desiree Matel-Anderson Field Innovation Team
- Gwendolyn Smith, Instructure
- Jennifer Holmes, Central Logic
- JoAnn Lighty, Ph.D., University Of Utah
- Kat Archibald, Degreed
- Melissa Loble, Instructure
- Michelle Suzuki, RizePoint
- Shalini Kesar, Ph.D., Southern Utah University
- Starr Fowler, Vivint Smart Home
- Theresa Foxley, GOED
- Vanessa Quigley, Chatbooks
- Vicki Fish, Myriad
- Yelena Makogon, Goldman Sachs
Domo, EMC, Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Vivint Smart Home, EY, USTAR, and Varian Medical.
Julie Hanna, Presidential Ambassador for Entrepreneurship